Halo Infinite Battle Royale rumours are unfounded, says 343
But the developer admits it needs to communicate with fans more.
Microsoft’s 343 Industries studio has said some of the recent rumours about the upcoming Halo Infinite are not true.
The studio’s community director Brian Jarrard took to Twitter yesterday (Monday, November 30) saying that the “fresh” rumours about the company’s forthcoming release are “unfounded.”
While Jarrard doesn’t explicitly say which rumblings he is referring to, this does follow rumours that a Battle Royale mode would be coming to Halo Infinite in 2021. This follows a store listing for the sci-fi shooter mentioning a battle royale mode.
The reports also suggested that the game would be released in four “chapters” between next year and 2031. That’s likely based on the fact that 343 has referred to Halo Infinite as a “ten-year” game, in the vein of Bungie’s Destiny.
Jarrard does admit that 343 needs to be share more of what is going on with the game, saying that the studio is planning on sharing an update for the end of 2020.
Halo Infinite was initially set to release alongside Microsoft’s new Xbox Series X and Series S consoles last month but was pushed back until 2021 earlier this year. This followed a gameplay reveal that failed to impress fans. 343 has admitted that it has “work to do” on Infinite’s graphics.
In October 2020, the project’s director Chris Lee stepped away from the project. He was the third high-profile developer to do so, following creative director Tim Longo and lead producer Mary Olson. Bungie vet Joseph State has joined 343 to head up work on finishing Halo Infinite’s campaign mode.
The head of Xbox Phil Spencer has said that fans shouldn’t be worried about the game being delayed and top staff leaving the project.
The post Halo Infinite Battle Royale rumours are unfounded, says 343 appeared first on VG247.